Church membership is a covenant among baptized, regenerate disciples of Jesus Christ, whose purpose is to glorify God by following the teaching of Scripture, by submitting to the shepherding ministry of the leadership, by fulfilling the mission left by Jesus to evangelize and disciple, and by uplifting the body of Christ through the Spirit endowed gifts.
As a member of Gospel Life Church, I covenant to the following:
- To support the ministry of GLC as stated in the Philosophy of Ministry
- To support the biblical doctrines of GLC as stated in the Statement of Faith
- To support the testimony of GLC by attending services regularly, communion particularly, members' meetings faithfully, and by giving specifically for the furtherance of the ministry
- To serve the body of GLC through my spiritual gifts for the glory of God and for the building up of the body
- To protect the unity of GLC by living a life in line with the Church Covenant
- To submit to the shepherding ministry of the leadership, including the process of church discipline if necessary
- To pray for the members, leaders, and ministries of GLC
*By entering my name in the above box, I am providing my digital signature on this form.
As you make these commitments to GLC, the leadership of GLC is also making a commitment to you. This is a responsibility given by God that we take very seriously. As your spiritual shepherds, we commit to leading, feeding, nurturing, comforting, correcting, and protecting you as a child of God.